Where diamonds come from
Diamonds can be especially found in some Earth regions, in unknown and wild places that hide beautiful treasures.
The most important diamond mining countries are:
Where is the added value created?
Natural diamond production has a long added value chain, that is completed in the last phase when diamond jewels are sold:
- The mining amounts to 14,8 billions of dollars;
- Cutting and polihing amounts to 20,7 billions of dollars;
- Indeed, jewelry retail amounts to 72,1 billions of dollars.
The growing demand for diamonds
- Economic growth of global GDP;
- Wealth growth in China and India;
- Increase in advertisement investments by the main diamond producers;
- Increase in on line jewels purchases;
- Increase in buying diamond jewels by women;
- Diamond is used as engagement ring everywhere.
Mid-term prospects highlight a growing demand for rough diamonds between 1% and 4%, it is based on firm basis, especially in the USA and the growing middle class in Asia. Significantly, China and India are adapting themselves to the Western style and uses.
On the contrary, the diamond offer should remain stable tending to a decrease in the long-term.
The growing demand on the offer, in addition to the mines closures, will lead to a very strong increasing of natural diamond prices and to production of synthetic diamonds.